A lot of people graduating every year apply for the post of an academic faculty with the hope of getting placed in some of the best universities. After being shortlisted, you will have to convince the interviewing panel about your skills and strengths and that you have what is required to add value to the university and to teach various subjects to the students.
To help and guide our readers grab the best teacher careers or faculty careersat the most prominent universities, we have compiled some useful tips.
- Research about the University and the Faculty: Doing your homework right about the university, their subjects and the faculty will surely go a long way in helping you crack the interview. It showcases the sense of confidence and being job ready to the interviewer. Quote past experiences where you have exhibited dedication and gone an extra mile to teach your students and deliver results.
- Explore Your Available Resources: Building a strong network of connects is an added benefit at any time. Your mentor, friends and colleagues can also help you with some of the best openings they are aware of. Always remember that your mentor can have great source of information about the various openings.However, he can only open the door for you; getting the job is solely your responsibility.
- Let Your Presentations Talk for You: Keep your presentations interesting and short; do not overload then with words. Also highlight your achievements and quote real life examples and scenarios. This will add value to your presentation and your profile. Time your presentation well, so you have scope for questions and discussions during the presentation. Keeping it interactive will not only keep the audience engaged, but also add value to your presentation.
- Dress Appropriately: Attend the interview well dressed and presentable. Put up your best appearance for a great start to the interview. Wear formal dress and a smile. Always remember people will remember you for your skills and information and not the colourful dress you wear to an interview.
- Keep Yourself Updated: The golden rule to success is never to break up with your books. Stay updated about the latest teaching methods and techniques. Your knowledge about the subject is also very important to succeed as a faculty. Moving with the latest trends and staying updated will ease the interview process.
These five simple and useful tips will come handy to crack your interview and grab the job of a faculty. A faculty who shapes a student’s future is respectable in the society and people always look up to you for your advice and guidance. Maintaining the right decorum not only during the interview, but also in your job adds value to your persona.